Steering Group Minutes 18th March 2021

 

DISS COMMUNITY WOODLAND PROJECT

Minutes of a closed meeting
held by Zoom on 18th March 2021

 

PRESENT: Dick Mitchell (chair), Richard Pither, Andrew Eaglen, Lindsey Bilston, Andrew Daniels, Teddy Rowley, Rita Rowley, Mike Garnham.

APOLOGIES: Becky Whatley, Richard Mabey, Simon Noble.

1. Minutes of previous meetings:

The minutes of meeting of 1 June 2020 were approved with no matters arising.

2. Treasurer’s report:

The 2020 year end accounts, showing a final balance of £5,730, were approved.

3. Secretary’s report:

a) Woodland usage during lockdown has increased and paths have become very muddy during the winter. Trials with wood chippings (for free) have proved successful.
b) Working parties to resume on 3 April, subject to covid regulations.
c) The plant species list in now live on the website and any interested people are invited to contribute.
d) Agreed to planting of ox eye daisy, red campion, mullein around the meadow oak tree and teasel in the ditch margin.
e) Storage cabin now raked out for tools storage. Agree to purchase spade, garden rake and spring tine rake. MG to donate a shovel.
f) Damage to the storage cabin – Agreed for RP to take a ‘soft’ approach with the vehicle owner who has indicated that he would carry out reasonable repairs.
g) Agreed to update the logo, to read Established 2010
h) Agreed to purchase concrete spurs to support 3 gate posts.

4. Management issues:

a) Schools – Lindsey to contact Roydon School suggesting that they take care of the dove for a while and come up with a name. Also to remind them that we look forward to the children visiting whenever possible.
b) Tree safety – No concerns were raised.

Activities:

a) Annual meeting – as a public meeting will not be possible the accounts and a brief report will be posted on the website with notification to suppporters.
b) An open event to unveil the dove to be arranged for a Saturday afternoon mid/end of July with tea/cakes, stalls and Deanside Ramblers (if available). AD to contact Deanside and liase with RP on date.
AE to request a reduction in the insurance as we would not expect any more than 100 attending

5. Other business:

Mike to provide 2 litter bins, and charge for materials
All those present agreed to stand for re-election in the steering group

6. Next steering group meeting:

Thursday 10th June at 7pm, at Quaker Wood (subject to weather and covid restrictions)

Comments are closed.